Dr. John Floros became the 28th President of New Mexico State University on July 1, 2018. During his first year in that office, he engaged in a long dialogue with the faculty, staff, and students of NMSU centered around a strategic planning process that resulted in NMSU LEADS 2025. That process renewed NMSU’s focus on students, research, outreach, and strengthening the NMSU system, which are the four goals of NMSU LEADS 2025.
In Dr. Floros’ words: “Higher education is facing an uncertain future, and our university is not without challenges. However, NMSU is bursting with potential. I will continue to work closely with our faculty, staff, students, administrators and stakeholders to realize our potential. Together we can improve our students’ educational experience to help them succeed, expand on collaborations, improve our research creativity and competitiveness, and increase knowledge and innovation.”
Dr. John Floros
President, New Mexico State University
Upcoming Town Hall: 3:00 pm, Thursday, April 9
Previous Town Halls
- Town Hall from April 2 via Panopto or Zoom (pending)
- Town Hall from March 26 via Panopto or Zoom (pending)
- Town Hall from March 18 via Panopto or Zoom
NMSU Information Line: 575-646-7373
- Memo from the Provost: NMSU System Spring Semester 2020 Adjustments to the Academic Calendar, Grading Options, and Commencement
- A Message to Students (3/27/20)
During this time, please consider supporting our students in need through the Aggie Cupboard.